What’s In It For Members
- On the product front, the services and technology offered by Canvas are up to par with the best financial institutions in the country. Don’t get me wrong, they are different, and change is difficult, but there is more to gain from a functionality perspective.
- We are most excited about the ability to do more in the community. Since the Great Recession, it has been challenging to provide all the support our community desperately needs. The partnership with Canvas opens the door to doing more, much more than we could have accomplished alone.
- There is entirely new access to 30 additional branches in the front range from Fort Collins to Castle Rock.
- A passion for education has been at the core of who we are from the very beginning. As the official credit union of CSU, Canvas expands our reach to form a strong partnership with Colorado State University.
Canvas Credit Union Completes Merger Expands To Colorado’s Western Slope
The newly-rebranded Canvas Credit Union in Fruita, Colo. It was a Western Rockies Federal Credit Union, until the recent merger with Canvas.
A seven-month dance finally led to courtship as Canvas Credit Union merged with Western Rockies Federal Credit Union to grow to 33 branches and expand to the Western Slope for the first time in its 84-year history.
Colorado and National Credit Union Administration regulators approved the merger and the conversion happened late last month. The Western Rockies branches in Grand Junction, Rifle and Fruita are now orange and rebranded as Canvas.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Terra Building Opens At Csu Spur Campus In Denver
- DENNIS HUSPENIdennis.firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of Canvas growth in recent years has been north, with a branch in Fort Collins and another on the Colorado State University campus and south, where it added two branches in Castle Rock in recent years.
Since moving to Colorado more than six years ago, I fell in love with our great state and the incredible people who make it even more vibrant, Marksberry said in a release. With that deep love for Coloradans driving us, our team has been dreaming about how we can expand our impact well beyond the Front Range. The opportunity to welcome the Western Rockies Federal Credit Union members and team to our Canvas family opens the door to manifest even more positive change for people across Colorado.
Canvas now has more than 284,000 members and 750 employees.
Also Check: Pinal County Federal Credit Union
About Canvas Credit Union
Canvas Credit Union is a safe and insured financial institution with over $3.8 billion in assets and nearly 284,000 members. Canvas provides a full array of financial products and services, including savings, checking, loans, mortgages, and online and mobile options. Serving Colorado communities for more than 84 years, Canvas currently has 33 branches. Internally, Canvas is well recognized for its culture and has been certified by the Great Place to Work® Institute for four consecutive years.
What Can I Do To Prepare
- The most important thing right now is to confirm that we have your current contact information, including your email address, so we can reach you and deliver all integration-related information to you. Also, please be sure to review the materials you receive, and if you ever have questions, please reach out to Canvas! Our family members are here to help you through this transition and beyond.
Also Check: Union Square San Francisco Parking
Online & Mobile Banking Will Be Upgraded
Why Now Why Canvas
- There is a reason why we haven’t seriously pursued this strategy before. We require that any potential partner is in complete alignment with our values, has a big heart for the community, and is passionately committed to the well-being of all Coloradans.
- We found that credit union that meets that high standard in Canvas. Their entire leadership team shares our values. If you havent yet heard of Canvas, they are the third-largest credit union in the state of Colorado and have been committed to serving Coloradans for over 80 years. You might have heard of them before they re-branded from Public Service Credit Union over three years ago.
- Todd and his leadership team believe in putting members, family , and others in the community above all other things. So, to put it in simple terms: We simply couldn’t have found a better match than Canvas.
Recommended Reading: First Tech Community Credit Union
How Much Does A Consultant Make At Canvas Credit Union In Castle Rock
Average Canvas Credit Union Consultant yearly pay in Castle Rock is approximately $45,000, which is 39% below the national average.
Salary information comes from 2 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to Indeed. These figures are given to the Indeed users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. Minimum wage may differ by jurisdiction and you should consult the employer for actual salary figures.
Denver’s Housing Permit Backlog Plight
The deal brings western-state expansion for Canvas, but it also brings a lot to those customers who previously didnt have access to business loans.
Thats one of the things were most excited about, Greiving said. The branches werent really in a position to service the business community it was primarily auto lending, mortgages and service to individuals. Well be introducing that to this market as we continue to integrate and roll out our products and services.
Greiving said bank branches are still important in the era of online banking and apps.
For us, one of the top focuses at Canvas is investing in the community, he said. Its important to have a physical presence in the community for us to be able do that. Those folks in the branch develop strong connections in the community, too.
Don’t Miss: Union Bank And Trust Omaha
What’s In It For Employees
- Canvas has committed to inviting all Western Rockies Federal Credit Union team members to a role within our merged organization.
- We always want to do more for you, our members. They are excited to bring you more value through community investment, enhanced access, and cutting-edge products. This partnership opens a new chapter and possibilities for all of us.
- The employee benefits that come along with a large family will enhance the rewards of being a part of the credit union.
- Employees will maintain their seniority, participate in larger retirement plan employer matches, two-percentage-point discounts on their personal loans, and access to career growth opportunities.
If you have additional questions, please use this form.
Interested in learning more about your new Member Service Agreement? Check out our Disclosures page for all the fine print questions you may have about these changes.
How Will This Impact My Accounts
- Your account will transition from Western Rockies FCU to Canvas. This process will not occur immediately, and well keep you posted along the way. We realize change is hard, and well walk with you to make it easy. We know youll really like the additional offerings, features, and access points that Canvas provides.
- You will continue to access your accounts and online banking for several months and transition to Canvas’ technology down the road. No change right away!
- Your account number will likely change once the conversion is completed.
Also Check: Reno V American Civil Liberties Union
With A Giveaway Tailored For The Castle Rock Co Community One Lucky Resident Will Win A 2021 Ford Bronco Sport And $15000 Cash
LONE TREE, CO Canvas Credit Union is hosting a major giveaway for the Castle Rock, CO community. From now until October 31st, anyone who opens a Canvas checking account at one of the two branches located in Castle Rock will be entered to win a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport and $15,000 cash to help cover taxes, registration, and fees.
Canvas has a significant presence in Castle Rock and wants to continue attracting Castle Rock and Douglas County residents to learn more about credit unions, and why banking with Canvas Credit Union is different in a good way. Canvas is putting the spotlight on their two transformed branches in Castle Rock, conveniently located five miles apart. Both branches offer a sleek, new, and innovative space that allow Canvas family members to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with members during any financial transaction. By replacing teller walls and barriers, the layout enables Canvas to have one-on-one interactions and chat finances on a couch, in a chair, or a private conference room, all while sipping on free coffee. When members walk into a Castle Rock branch, theyll feel at home.
- Offer is valid August 2nd October 31st
- Offer valid when you stop by the Meadows or Ridge branch and do the following:
- New members open a checking account
- Existing members open a Canvas+ or CSU Rams+ rewards credit card
Will All Current Locations Remain Open
- Yes. All current branch locations will remain open, resulting in 33 locations eagerly waiting to serve you. The partnership will give you the resources to continue growing Canvas footprint and build future branches across Western Colorado. All the friendly faces youve grown to love will be there to greet you, and youll get to meet the rest of our Canvas family.
Read Also: Which Countries Are European Union
Will My Money Be Safe
- Absolutely. The federal and state regulators play a critical role in ensuring safety and soundness. When they reviewed our application, they assessed the financial health of both organizations and the continuing financial health of the combined organization post-merger. They stay close to protect members’ best interests.
- Both organizations are federally insured by the NCUA for deposits up to $250,000.
- From a cybersecurity standpoint, Canvas Credit Union stands at the forefront of the industry. Their experienced team of information technology professionals will put your safety and security first.
What Is Changing For Wrfcu Members
On May 16th, 2022, we are integrating our operating systems, which is when WRFCU member accounts will switch to Canvas Credit Union.
Lets start with what is not changing. You will:
- Continue to transact business as you always have through May 15th.
- Continue working with the amazing folks you know and love.
- Experience no interruptions in your banking. Your direct deposits and automatic ACH withdrawals will transition to your Canvas account. You will have through December 31st, 2022, to transition them completely, and Canvas will support you with these changes over the summer. Lets get you situated with your new account first.
- Enjoy using your current credit card. However, upon expiration, you will not receive a replacement card. We invite you to consider applying for a new Canvas+ rewards credit card, offering a slew of benefits you dont want to miss.
Read Also: Homewood Suites By Hilton Washington Dc Noma Union Station
Canvas Credit Union Family Proud To Work In The Same Colorado Town They Call Home
LONE TREE, CO The Canvas Credit Union family is setting down roots in fall 2019 with two new branches in Castle Rock, the Douglas County town that boasts Small Town Charm with Big Time Life. For a local not-for-profit credit union such as Canvas, knowing your neighbors is all a part of serving their members well, so moving in to the family-friendly town with a booming economy just made sense for the organization.
Canvas family working at the new Canvas Ridge Branch at 1030 Aloha St. and Canvas Meadows Branch at 4111 Future St., are looking forward to the opportunity to live and work in the welcoming town of Castle Rock. Located about 25 miles south of downtown Denver, towns like Castle Rock are working tirelessly to balance the best of both worlds, a family-friendly place with a thriving economy.
As Colorados population expands, communities and individuals both feel the need to reduce time on busy roads. What better way to do so than to work in the same beautiful landscape you call home! Ill be gaining an extra hour every day to be with family or out having fun, I could even go home and walk Shooter during lunch, said Todd Hill, a long-time Castle Rock resident that will be working at the Canvas Ridge Branch. I could be more active just by walking or riding my bike to work, said Hill, or head over to the MAC more often, where you can go zip-lining, play soccer indoors or outdoors, or even see a band at the amphitheater.
- Jason Cooper, Branch Manager
Does Canvas Credit Union Meadows Branch Accept People With Low Credit Scores
WeLoans is a company committed to connecting borrowers to hundreds of reputable online lenders to apply and get small-dollar payday loans quickly, easily, and securely, helping cope with life emergencies like paying medical bills, home, or car repairs, and so on.
Customer Note: A payday loan is traditionally used to help people borrow a small sum of money until the next upcoming payday. It’s a short-term solution to cover unexpected expenses when people have no savings or deep pockets. Those who find themselves in a bind with their budget and want to refill it with credits should seek the advice of a professional financial assistant. A borrower also has to peruse local regulations related to a payday loan.
Availability: The service of this platform may not be accessible to people based in restricted states. Please check the local regulations to find out its availability in the area. Rules of this website are subject to change without notifications.
NOT A LENDER Disclosure: WeLoans is not a lender but a broker and does not charge you any fees for our broker services. The lenders or other broker services we introduce to our customers through this website may pay us commissions if customers enter into a credit agreement with them.
Also Check: State Employees Credit Union Raleigh